What does it take to get a DUI? Well, take your precautions this weekend and each time you drive. Additionally, the Daily News has published Sobriety (“DUI”) checkpoints for the Los Angeles Police Department for Labor Day Weekend:
Friday, September 2, 2011 Sobriety Checkpoint from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
– Venice Boulevard and Fairfax Avenue in Wilshire Area
– Topanga Boulevard and Califa Street in Topanga Area
Saturday, September 3, 2011 – Sobriety Checkpoint from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Venice Boulevard and Lincoln Boulevard in Pacific Area
- Western Avenue and Slauson Avenue in 77th Street Area
- Figueroa Street and 9th Street in Central Area
Sunday, September 4, 2011 – Sobriety Checkpoint from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Harbor Boulevard and 1st Street in Harbor Area
If you’re going to be drinking, please plan accordingly. Remember, the police are looking for “impared” driving or “driving under the influence” — litterally. Buzzed driving is going to get you in just as much trouble.