It was the best of crimes, it was the worst of crimes
An Uber driver is facing a whole slew of felony charges after he was spotted driving a stolen $250K Ferrari on a local highway.
The car was stolen from a Palm Beach dealership, officers said, and not only did it still have the window decal on the front windshield, the driver tried to convince police he’d borrowed it from a friend (despite being unable to provide a name or phone number of the “legitimate owner.”)
Suffice to say things didn’t end well for the driver—who was arrested and booked at the county jail.
Not only that, but the Gainesville Police Department decided they’d poke some fun at the defendant on their Facebook page.
The department offered the following “pro-tips” for would-be carjackers.
- Don’t steal stuff. It’s just not nice.
- Certainly don’t’ steal a $250,000 2017 Ferrari California 2a. Especially when the window sticker is still on it.
- If you ARE going to steal a $250,000 Ferrari… with the window sticker still on it… DON’T drive next to a Gainesville/Alachua County Drug Task Force vehicle with a License Plate Reader.
- The “18MPG” is incorrect. We were only able to get about 10mpg out of it when we drove it to the station
- #4 is a joke. We had it safely towed to the rightful owner.
Photo credit: Facebook